- Applications are made through submission of the completed Template
(which can be downloaded here) which is then emailed to
- Conclaves are expected to last two days and be for 4 to 10 people.
Arriving on wednesday the conclave will be held on Thursday and Friday
- Conclaves in the UK will be held at the
Sir Christopher Wren hotel and spa in Windsor
a lovely setting in the shadow of Windsor Castle on the Thames on the bridge between Windsor
and Eton. Heathrow is only a 15-20 minute taxi drive away.
- A report on the conclave should be sent within one month of the visit. Reports should
summarise the outcomes and future plans (a prerequisite for Mason Conclaves is to deliver
an action (e.g. a bid, a review, a discussion document etc). Reports should typically be no
more than two pages. Failure to submit a report within time will result in the applicant
being refused any further funding and no candidates from the applicant’s institution will
be considered by the Trust until such a report is delivered.
- The submitted material will be sent to the Awards Committee for review.
The Committee will review the application against three major criteria:
- Scientific Background – Is the Topic relevant to the research fields supported by the Trust?
- Benefit of the Conclave - What is the aim of the Conclave? What are likely outcomes and how will they benefit the wider scientific community?
- Why is a Conclave the best mechanism for the proposed outcomes and why are there no alternative funding schemes?